As they say.. ”It’s no longer about being skinny, now it’s about staying Healthy”
Weight gain is equally difficult as losing it, I would rather say it is even more strenuous. If you want to gain weight, then it is very important that you follow the correct steps. Bringing in cold drinks and burgers may help you gain weight, but it can destroy your health at the same time.
So, here we present you some weight gain tip that you can follow coming winter for a healthy lifestyle:
DOUBLE UP THE CALORIES – Eat double the calories that your body can burn. If you want to gain weight at a slow pace, then aim for 300-500 calories more than you burn each day. If you want to gain weight fast, then go for something like 700-1000 calories above your maintenance level. You can measure the calories on the food and diet apps available online free of cost.
EAT LESS, DRINK MORE – When you are planning to gain weight, it becomes important that you intake more nutrients. Liquids are not as filling as solid food, they can add nutrition without making you feel full. Option for liquids include- Fruit juice, skim milk and smoothies, smoothies are ideal because you can support them with all kinds of good stuff like nuts, butter, protein powder , experiment and even make one according to your taste preference.
PROTEINS- NEW BFF – Muscles are made of protein, and without it most of those extra calories may end up as just fat on your body. If you’re trying to gain weight, aim for 1.5-2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. Some food that include high protein and can easily be included in the daily diet are- meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products and nuts.
MEASURE, TIME, MEAL – Increase the number of diet you have per day. Eat at Least 3-4 times per day, diet should include plenty of high-fat foods. It is best to eat plenty of protein, fat and carbs at each meal.
MEASURE YOUR CALORIE – Eat a Lot of Energy dense food, Many of these foods are very filling, so sometimes you may need to force yourself to keep eating even if you are full and in order to do so, you can add spice of your choice, roast the food according to your preference and eat it.
Some energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight, are cheap and easily available:
• Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc.
• Dried fruit: Raisins, dates.
• High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
• Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
• Meat: Chicken, beef, lamb, etc.
• Potatoes, sweet potatoes.
• Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk.
It may be a good idea not to eat a ton of vegetables, it simply leaves less room for energy-dense foods.
LIFT HEAVY WEIGHT – In order to make sure that the excess calories go to your muscles instead of just your belly, then it is absolutely crucial to lift weights. Go to a gym on daily basis.
Some More Tips to Gain Weight-
• Don’t drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
• Eat more often, such as before bed.
• Drink milk. Drinking whole milk is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
• Add cream to your coffee, milk and shakes. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
• Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
• Don’t smoke. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, and quitting smoking often leads to weight gain.
Don’t waste your time or money on powders, pills and products that claims to increase muscle mass. To gain weight you must eat more and stimulate muscle growth. Right combination of exercise, calories and your persistence is all what required to gain the right amount of weight that you desire.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!