Most of us are moving to a phase where we all want to eat organic, drink organic and cure organic. We all definitely find organic products in the stores that we can eat or drink. But how about curing organic? Well, this is India and we are blessed by Mother Nature.
Giloy is an ayurvedic herb that has been used in Indian medicine for ages. Ayurvedic practice without this herb would not have been possible. Giloy is known as ‘Amrita’ in Sanskrit, which translates to ‘the root of immortality’, because of its abundant medicinal properties. Giloy can be used along with different substances for different diseases.
Some known benefits of consuming Giloy this season would be the following:
1) Curbing asthma: Asthma may cause difficulty in breathing, chest pain, cough and wheezing. The symptoms may sometimes erupt. Giloy’s anti-inflammatory properties help to treat such a condition. Giloy has often been used by experts to treat asthma patients. An asthmatic patient can chew on the roots and bark of this herb everyday. It is also helpful in other respiratory problems such as cold, cough and tonsils.
2) Improving digestion: You can completely rely on this herb to take care of your digestive system and treating your bowel related issues. Half grams of giloy powder with amla or along with jaggery can relief constipation issues. Also giloy juice with buttermilk can be a remedy for patients suffering from piles.
3) Enhances Immunity: Giloy is the powerhouse of antioxidants and is a rejuvenating agent too. It helps your body to keep your cells healthy and getting rid of diseases by fighting the free radicals that enter your body. Giloy’s antioxidants properties remove toxins from kidney and liver. It also purifies blood, removes bacteria that causes urinary infection. It has also been found to treat heart related conditions and infertility by many experts.
4) Curing chronic fever: Giloy has antipyretic properties. This property can reduce the symptoms of severe recurring fevers like Malaria, dengue, swine flu and chikungunya (viral disease caused by mosquitoes). The intake of this ayurvedic herb increases the count of your blood platelets. These life threatening health conditions can be reduced by taking some giloy extract, fusing it with honey and consuming it.
5) Reduces anxiety and improves memory: If you can make yourself a giloy tea, it would be best to treat all your anxiety and mental and body stress for the day. It gets rid of toxins, improves your memory and help you pay attention at your work and relaxes you down. Giloy tea is easy to make and is not bitter at all, rather a soothing one to drink post your long tiring day.
6) Treats Diabetes: Giloy juice helps reduce high levels of blood sugar. This herb is a hypo-glycemic agent and helps treat diabetes, particularly Type 2 diabetes as it lowers the level of blood pressure and lipids. A diabetic patient if consumes Giloy juice will be very much effective for curing the same.
7) Menstrual Cycles: For a female who has excessive bleeding during her menstruation cycle or if one is bleeding after abortion or after delivery of a baby, giloy juice extracted from its leaves can be given to the patient to improve the condition.
8) Reducing signs of aging and eye disorder: Forget all those cosmetics that would contain chemicals to keep your skin look young and glowing. Giloy helps reduce dark spots, pimples, wrinkles and fine lines. Also, for people with poor eye sight can use giloy on their eyelids. All you need to do is boil and crush giloy, let it cool down and apply on your eyelids.
Wow! Isn’t Giloy like a super-plant? It is an ayurvedic wonder which helps you to prevent or reduce so many disorders and diseases. Use giloy more often, not only for this season but for all the seasons!
Note: Kids below 5 years and pregnant lady should not use giloy. Also always take your physicians advice before consumption of giloy for treating your disease.
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy.