Cilantro is also known as coriander or Chinese parsley. Cilantro herb is very low in calories and contains no cholesterol. Its deep green leaves possess good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins which may help reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood. Eating Cilantro can be beneficial.
1) Cilantro contains chemicals that help foods stay fresher for longer.
2) It also contains vitamin- k which plays an important role in blood coagulation. Getting enough vitamin k and also nourishes your kidneys and bones.
3) Adding cilantro is a great way to add flavour to a dish or beverage without adding extra calories, fat, or sodium.
4) Due to its sedative properties cilantro helps in maintain the normal sleep cycle and calms the nerves as well.
5) Cilantro leaves can also be used in salads and smoothies which will help to lower the blood sugar level.
6) The antibacterial property of cilantro helps to maintain the alkaline pH of urinary tract which prevents the growth of unhealthy bacteria.
7) It not only detoxifies but also protects the body from infection and toxins. Diseases like dysentery, food poisoning, typhoid caused due to contaminated water or food can also be prevented with use of cilantro.
8) Coriander seeds from cilantro helps the proper regulation of endocrine hormones which in turn balances the progesterone and oestrogen hence resulting in healthy menstrual cycle.
9) If cilantro is eaten on daily basis, it prevents kidney stones.
10) Heavy metals like aluminium, mercury, zinc which have a bad effect on human body can be easily extracted with use of cilantro.
11) Due to its muscle relaxing qualities, it helps in calming the nerves, thus relieving anxiety and reducing the harmful effects of stress.
12) It has some anti-inflammatory effects which prevents conditions like arthritis, minor swelling and conjunctivitis.
13) Cilantro acts as a natural deodorant internally because it contains chlorophyll in large number that can detox the body from the inside out.
14) This herb is great for obesity treatment as it helps in the reduction of fats and therefore, it also helps in the weight loss.
15) It contains certain vital nutrients and minerals that are needed for a healthy skin, our skin also needs proper nutrition to maintain its health and minimize skin problems.
16) Cilantro acts as a natural antiseptic and anti-fungal agent in the treatment of skin disorders like dermatitis and eczema. It possesses anti-microbial substances which can prevent and cure small pox too.
17) It contains Vitamin C as it is a powerful natural antioxidant that fights free radicals, thus preventing signs of ageing such as wrinkles, sagging skin and pigmentation.
18) Cilantro juice is a great remedy for giving new hair growth and fighting with hair loss as it contains essential vitamins and proteins which help in hair growth.
19) The herb is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. The cell and body fluids largely contain potassium which also plays an important role in other physiological functions.
20) Cilantro herb is cholesterol free but rich in antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins. Cilantro has amazing ability to dissolve cholesterol which slowly get accumulated in the arteries hence preventing from heart disease.
21) Chewing of raw cilantro leaves is helpful for people suffering from asthma and bronchitis.22) Mouth ulcers can be cured by the oil extracted from the cilantro leaves.
22) Cilantro is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. People with lower haemoglobin level and suffering from anaemia can also be cured with help of cilantro leaves as it is rich in iron.
23) Coriander is very popular in terms of preventing nausea, vomiting, and some stomach disorders.
24) Coriander is a rich source of calcium which is having values for people who wants to protect the integrity of their bones. Calcium and other essential minerals found in coriander are integral components of bone regrowth and durability.
25) Cilantro is known to have the ability to clear up recurring infections, both viral and bacterial especially when eaten with omega-3 enriched foods such as nuts.